Blog

elder law resources - ABLE Accounts

On Wednesday, May 23, Allen Byers brought us a message out of Mark, Chapter 2. There, Jesus was teaching in a house and when several men brought their friend to Jesus for healing, they couldn’t get through. Did they give up? Did they decide this just wasn’t the time to do God’s work? No. They […]

Obviously, if you follow the law, get a license and have the event officiated, you’re married. See O.C.G.A. § 19-3-1 (Requiring parties able to contract, an actual contract and consummation according to law). And with marriage goes the benefits and liabilities. Although not a traditional case, Justice Kennedy concluded Obergfell v. Hodges with the following […]

The following is a mishmash of information on various Elder Law, Special Needs Law, and Estate Planning issues. It also includes anything else we found interesting during the month of June, 2023. We will continue updating from time to time throughout the month. Last updated 6/8/2023. Keep in mind, you are using linked content at […]

Many families get this issue confused, but it’s serious business for the IRS. In Cardiovascular Center, LLC v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue (U.S. Tax Court 5-18-2023), Dr. Frank Kresock operated a medical practice in Arizona. He paid four workers, plus the person he lived with, as independent contractor’s, giving them biweekly cashier’s checks. However, all […]

On Wednesday, May 17, 2023, Allen Byers spoke from Matthew, Chapter 8, about Jesus and the Centurion. This story comes from verses 5 through 13, There, the Bible says And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the […]

I recently met with Mr. David McGuffey at his office in Dalton, GA to make my blog, Curb Free with Cory Lee, an LLC. I am a powered wheelchair user and I work hard to spread the word about wheelchair accessible destinations all over the world. Mr. McGuffey helped to ease my mind and make […]

Almost every Wednesday morning, Allen Byers shares God’s Word with a group of believers. These messages are not for the faint of heart or those who aren’t interested in hearing the truth. Allen speaks God’s Word raw and unadorned. It’s straight from the scripture. If you want to hear these messages, they are linked below. […]

Caregiving is hard. Being a parent is hard. Being a child is hard. And sometimes you might feel like you’re not enough. You are enough and you need to listen to this song. You’re enough!

David E. Hultstrom, President of Financial Architects, recently explained why past-performance is not a great way to evaluate financial advisors. Essentially, no one has a working crystal ball. Hultstrom wrote the following in the May, 2023 edition of Financial Foundations. Why would I leave out past performance in selecting an advisor, or current performance for […]

On April 25, 2023, the VA issued the following announcement: The Caregiver Support Program (CSP) is introducing a new nationwide service offering comprehensive legal and financial planning services to Primary Family Caregivers enrolled in the Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC). A network of licensed attorneys and certified financial counselors are readily accessible […]

Filter by

• Select Categories

• Select Tags

Start Here

Enter your name and email address to keep up with what’s new at EZ Elder Law!

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.