Blog

How Social Security Works

Social Security is one of the most important programs for seniors in the United States. It provides a guaranteed source of income for retirees, as well as disability and survivor benefits. The Social Security Administration (SSA) offers a Retirement Estimator tool that can help you estimate your future benefits. The tool is easy to use […]

Charles Schwab Foundation President Carrie Schwab-Pomerantz discusses how to get the most out of Social Security.

At one time or another, many seniors consider adding a child as a co-signer on his or her bank account. Whether that is wise depends on a common understanding of why the senior is adding the child, and the child’s integrity. For example, most bank accounts are owned as joint tenants with rights of survivorship. […]

The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel presented a video discussing the advantages and disadvantages of taking Social Security early.

Today we had lunch at the Jolly Roger Seafood restaurant in Blue Ridge, Georgia. As always, it was awesome!. We began with the coconut shrimp and then ordered today’s special, which was a fried black seabass. The seabass literally melted in my mouth. Hopefully, they will have it next time. The first time we went […]

When I visit Ellijay, one of my favorite places to eat is the Cajun Depot. It doesn’t disappoint. It’s located just outside downtown Ellijay. I’ve had the Etoufee crawfish, the fried oyster platter and the Bayou Platter. All were good.   Let us know what you think if you visit. And if you find any other […]

The Administration for Community Living announced that it will host a Medicare Virtual Fair on Wednesday, June 23, 2021 Open 3:00-7:00 PM ET. Agenda and Registration (available in English and Spanish) This virtual fair is for people turning 65, retiring, or joining Medicare because of a disability. Learn about Medicare and all its parts to help […]

Georgia’s Rural Center has initiated a vanpool study. We find it interesting because seniors sometimes need transportation. The purpose of the Northwest Georgia Regional Vanpool Study is to determine the feasibility of a vanpool program capable of linking long distance commuters from similar origins to similar destinations throughout the 15-county region. If a vanpool program […]

Goldbelly.com ships from many famous restaurants and has special deals for Mother’s Day. I first discovered Goldbelly several years ago when i was looking for a Coconut cake described on Bobby Flay’s Throwdown. The cake is to-die-for and I’ve ordered from Goldbelly many times since. One favorite is Chicago style deep dish pizza. Can’t do […]

Filter by

• Select Categories

• Select Tags

Start Here

Enter your name and email address to keep up with what’s new at EZ Elder Law!

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.