Resources

Sometimes You Must Say No

Sometimes you just have to say No "No" isn't a four-letter word. Saying "no" isn't necessarily bad and you shouldn't…

8 months ago

CMS Webinars on Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Renewals

Join the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for Medicaid…

9 months ago

Getting Health Care Directives to Your Doctors FAST

If you are in the midst of a crisis, it's critical for doctors and other health care providers to know…

11 months ago

Exploring the World from a Wheelchair

I recently met with Mr. David McGuffey at his office in Dalton, GA to make my blog, Curb Free with…

12 months ago

Why performance is not a good indicator when selecting a financial advisor

David E. Hultstrom, President of Financial Architects, recently explained why past-performance is not a great way to evaluate financial advisors.…

1 year ago

Biden Whitehouse Issues Executive Order to Increase Access to Care and to Support Caregivers

On April 18, 2023, the Biden Whitehouse issued an Executive Order on Increasing Access to High-Quality Care and Supporting Caregivers.…

1 year ago

2022 Resource Map for Older Tennesseans

Public Chapter 548 (2018), codified in Tenn. Code Ann. § 71-2-115, required the development of a resource map of all…

1 year ago

CMS Virtual Workshops: List Published 9-21-2022

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regularly records and posts informational workshops on a variety of subjects. For…

2 years ago

Elder Law and Special Needs Law News Roundup – 9-9-2022

We regularly post links to news articles and other resources related to Elder Law and Special Needs Law. We focus…

2 years ago

Can I get paid to be a caregiver for a family member?

The answer is, yes, maybe. At USA.gov, there are tips for caregiver support including links to programs that could pay…

2 years ago